You guys loved our beet hummus so much that we wanted to share with you another one of our favourite Hummus recipes, this time with Avocado. In Traditional Chinese Medicine:
- avocados are Cooling in nature.
- Nourish Yin, Lung, and blood.
- Good for dry cough & yin deficiency heat constipation.
Here is the recipe (Servings: 2 (more or less, depending on how much you indulge in it)
3/4 cup uncooked chickpeas
1.5 rip avocados
2 cloves garlic
5 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp tahini or Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Stress-less sachet powder
1) Preparation: Let your chickpeas soak in water for 8 hours or overnight. Drain, put in a pan, and cover with water and cook for 1-2 hours, until cooked.
2) Mix all ingredients in a food processor or a blender. And blend.
3) Scrape sides, and keep on blending until smooth. (If consistency is too thick, slowly add in 1-2 tablespoons of water until you reach the desired consistency)
4) Flatten the hummus out in your favourite dish and drizzle olive oil on top and indulge. :)